Do you know a school which would be a great fit for the Umbrella Project?
We deeply value the opportunity to work with so many passionate educators to help grow childhood wellbeing.
In the new year, we want to be able to touch the lives of many more children, educators, and families in Ontario and beyond. Help us by making an introduction to an educator or school community.
Simply fill out the form at right before December 14th 2018 at midnight.
Your name will be entered to win a great wellbeing prize valued at over $400! Full contest details below.
Your wellbeing prize will include:
- A $200 gift card for the Scandinave Spa in Blue Mountain. Read about the options for a Scandinavian Bath experience here.
- A $200 gift card for the Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Blue Mountain, offering simple and soulful mountain dining in a stylish ski village setting.
- Referrals must be made to schools not currently using the Umbrella Project to be eligible.
- Your referral contact does not have to purchase the Umbrella Project program for you to qualify for the grand prize draw.
- For every eligible referral you make, you will receive one (1) ballot into the grand prize draw.
- The winner will be randomly selected during a Live Facebook event on December 21st 2018.
- The winner will be notified via email about their prize.
- The winner will have 72 hours to claim their prize.
Grade 8 teacher"We are having the kids take action on each of the traits to make it stick ( For example, when covering empathy, one classroom collected coats for the homeless and placed notes in the pockets of each one, letting the person know that someone cares about them)"
Grade 2 teacher"We are doing a kindness assembly on Friday. The class is doing a fun little drama that portrays that kindness is contagious. We are doing it to music and ends with an Umbrella. So fun. "
Hosts of Vanessa+Melissa on Rogers TV Co-Founders of Diapers + Lipgloss Inc.“Dr. Jen Forristal is incredibly well versed on just about all aspects of health, nutrition, mental health, balance and parenting. We’ve worked with Dr. Jen, on many occasions and are always impressed with what she teaches us. Not only does she teach wellness, she lives it."
Grade 7 Teacher"I have noticed my students using terms such as “empathy” and “kindness” in class discussions. I also ask them what specific skills a character in a book is demonstrating. They have no trouble identifying them! It’s great to see the kids beginning to adopt these into their vocabulary. Thank you for this resource!"
Ian Carswell, Head of Guidance St. Johns Kilmarnock
“Dr. Jen has a terrific sense of school culture and can effectively identify where faculty and student needs are in the area of overall wellness. She gathers evidence methodically, through a combination of anecdotal and empirical means, and then focuses on macro level, long-term solutions that are consistent with the strategic plan of the school. Her approach considers the optimization of student performance for years to come.”